Capitalizing on the momentum of downtown Dallas’ transformation into a live-work- play-learn environment, the opportunity to connect downtown with the Cedars is a central focus of GrowSouth. With major anchors including the Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center, Dallas Farmers Market and the S. Lamar St. entertainment corridor, new residential, retail and office development is already blossoming.
< Click on the (i) on the map to learn about recent development news in the focus area >
2014-15 Development Highlights
- Omni Dallas Project opening in the Fall 2015
- Parkland Hospital at Hatcher Station began construction
- KBH Convention Center DART Station Renovation
- Improvements following the privatization of the Dallas Farmers Market continued throughout the past year, including the reopening of a renovated Shed 1 (“The Shed”) in August and the start of the renovation of Shed 2 (“The Market”), also in August.
- Alamo Drafthouse opening in Spring 2016
- Cedars Union, an incubator for artists, was announced.