Built in 1928 and originally known as the Medical-Dental Building, Jefferson Tower pioneered economic development along Jefferson Blvd. in the 1930’s. The building’s central tower, the first high-rise in Oak Cliff, rises up eight stories, with two penthouses above the eighth floor, a basement below, and two retail wings.
Jim Lake Companies is investing $4.3 million to acquire the property and approximately $5 million for retail renovation and finish out, facade renovation and the conversion of 2nd floor over retail into 15 work/live lofts units. The addition of two 2nd floor roof top viewing decks, finish out of remaining office vacancies, paving of an additional parking lot an architectural lighting package and a Jefferson streetscape project will complete the development. Work/live units put eyes on the street to improve and encourage pedestrian activity and increase safety. City of Dallas supported through Chapter 380 Economic Development Grants.
Jim Lake Companies