One of Southern Dallas’ longest commercial corridors, Lancaster Rd. is a major multi-modal connection between downtown Dallas and the growing International Inland Port of Dallas. The historic Lancaster-Kiest Shopping Center and the Dallas VA Medical Center anchor a mix of restaurants and retailers surrounded by single- family neighborhoods.
< Click on the (i) on the map to learn about recent development news in the focus area >
2014-15 Development Highlights
- The Lancaster Urban Village, the first transit-oriented development project along the southern DART Blue Line corridor, opened in June. The project includes 193 mixed-income apartments and retailers including Subway.
- Habitat for Humanity completed Jimmy Carter Work Project
- Glen Oaks Crossing retail open with several stores under construction
- The new Rudy’s Chicken restaurant, the first phase of the Lancaster-Kiest Village, opened in May.
- Phase two, the Serenity Place Apartments, began construction in January.