The historic Texas Theatre was opened in 1931 by Oak Cliff resident and entrepreneur C.R. McHenry in partnership with four Dallas-area businessmen Harold B. Robb, E.H. Rwoley, W.G. Underwood and David Bernbaum. The theater is known as the place where Lee Harvey Oswald was arrested. In 2011, the Oak Cliff Foundation purchased and renovated areas of the building. The Texas Theater was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2003 and was reopened in 2011 by Aviation Cinemas. It is currently plays new releases and independent films and hosts staged events and live music.